Research

Monday 31 October 2016

Christmas/Festive film clichés!



After changing the idea and genre of our film, I have decided to do some research into some Christmas film clichés that I may/may not include in the opening of my film.

1. Unrealistic amount of snow

Something that appears in most Christmas films is defiantly snow, and tons of it! This adds to the Christmas feel and the audience will easily be able to identify the genre just by this mise en scene. Typically american Christmas films produced by large institutions feature excessive amounts of snow, which sometimes looks somewhat unrealistic. Although it would be great to have snow in my film ...this is a convention of Christmas films that I am not certain on replicating in my film as it can not be guaranteed that snow will be forecasted to fit with my filming schedule. 

2. The neighbours are your enemies     

Something that is common on all Christmas films is that the main dominating family in the film do not get along with their neighbours! As a fan of the Christmas genre this is something I have seen before many times, in films such as Christmas with the Kranks. This is a film I am hoping to take inspiration from therefore maybe this is something to include in my story line if I decide to include neighbours! 



3. Santa gets an impostor 

This is a cliche that will not be appearing my film as Santa is going to feature in the trailer, yet won't be one of the main protagonists. Christmas films that include characters like Santa typically appeal to a younger demographic yet my trailer is going to be aimed at those teenage/adult range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment