Research

Friday 16 September 2016

Trailer Analysis: The Girl On The Train (2016) - Shot List


In this task I looked closely at the shot types that construct a teaser trailer. From deep and close viewing of the trailer I noted down all of the different shot types that were evident throughout the first 1 minute of the 2:36 minute trailer - there was 36 just in the first minute, sometimes with more than 1 shot per second creating a fast paced trailer. This is something I need to replicate in the creation of my film. Within the next few weeks I will begin the Planning for my trailer including making my own shot list that will include a variety of shots that I plan to include in my trailer. Therefore by doing this task I was able to gain a understanding of the large number of versatile shots that I need to include to make my trailer as professional as possible. The shots are listed below: 

0:00 - Film rating approval screen
0:08 - Institution logo (Universal)
0:09 - Institution logo (Dreamworks)
0:11 - Close up of blonde female character
0:17 - Panning establishing shot of house
0:19 - Long shot of female on balcony
0:21 - Medium shot of female in bedroom
0:23 - Two shot of male and female
0:25 - Inter title 'One week ago'
0:27 - Upwards pan close up of female
0:28 - Low angle close up of female body
0:29 - Pull focus of female protagonist and group of girls
0:31 - Inter title (at 4:36 pm)
0:33 - Long shot of female running
0:34 - Tracking shot of woman running
0:35 - Ariel shot of train
0:35 - Close up of woman running (low key lighting) 
0:35 - Sped up close up of train
0:36 - Inter title 'A woman disappeared'  
0:39 - Close up of brunette female on train
0:42 - Long shot of woman under bridge
0:44 - Inter title 'based on the thriller that shocked the world' 
0:47 - Medium shot of female character
0:48 - Tracking shot of women on train
0:48 - Camera moves the front medium shot of women on train
0:50 - Medium shot of train 
0:51 - Extreme close up of female
0:53 - Long shot of police cars and police
0:54 - Long shot of male character
0:55 - Long shot of other male character 
0:56 - Close up of female
0:57 - Wide shot of police scene with pull focus
0:59 - Fade to black 
1:00 - Medium shot of police investigator

No comments:

Post a Comment